PLEASE HELP ME

BigAWPC 22:24 16 Mar 06

I have been told that Ad-Aware SE Personal (Free edition) was a good programme to use.

I have also been told that AVG (Free edition) is a good programme to use.

I was wondering if them statements are true.

Please can you advise me on these issues ASAP?

Many Thanks

VoG II 22:25 16 Mar 06

Both statements are correct.

bluto1 22:28 16 Mar 06

Why did you ask?
As VoG says they`re OK.

Hertz Van Rentyl 22:28 16 Mar 06

I have been using the above together with these other free programmes without any problems on XpSP2,

Zone Alarm

Spybot S&D

Ewido

Totally-braindead 22:33 16 Mar 06

Agree with VoG™ in common with many on this Forum thats what I use.
One little thing though, I assume this is your first posting, would you please next time you post try to describe the problem/query a bit better in the title. This is because others can search through the previous threads for solution and/or advice but they wouldn't search for PLEASE HELP ME they would search for something like AVG or Ad-aware. Your posting could have been something like "Is AVG any good" or " AVG and Ad-aware advice needed" or anything along those lines. Not trying to be nasty or offensive or anything but the title isn't very helpful.

skidzy 22:35 16 Mar 06

All above are reliable and stable,you may want to think of adding Defender from microsoft or Spywareblaster to the apps.

terryf 22:42 16 Mar 06

Agree with Totally-braindead (who is obviously not) that all newbies to the forum should try to put clues to the subject in the title

VoG II 22:45 16 Mar 06

have had AVG Free Edition onto my computer for about 4 months and every time I scan my computer, no viruses are found. Is AVG actually working? How do I now it’s telling the truth?

=========================================

The yellow envelope is for invited private messages. If you want to add to your question, please use the Add a new response box at the bottom of the page.

Download Ewido Anti-Malware trial version click here

When installing, under 'Additional Options' untick 'Install background guard' and 'Install scan via context menu'.

Launch Ewido by double clicking the icon on your desktop. The program will now go to the main screen. You will need to update Ewido to the latest definition files. On the left hand side of the main screen click update then click on Start Update.

Then select 'Settings'. Under the bottom section 'What to Scan?' make sure 'Scan every file' is ticked. Select 'OK' and you will return to scanning options. Click on Complete System Scan and the scan will begin. This scan can take quite a while to run.

While the scan is in progress, you will be prompted to clean the first infected file it finds. Choose 'Clean' (or 'Delete' if 'Clean' is not an option). Then put a tick next to 'Perform action on all infections'. Doing this enables the scan to proceed automatically until its completion. Click OK.

Totally-braindead 22:52 16 Mar 06

Ad-aware link for download click here and AVG link for download click here and Windows defender link click here and zone alarm firewall click here

If you have the Windows Firewall on and you want to install the zone alarm one instead make sure you disable the windows firewall. You should only have one anti virus program and one firewall running at the same time. More than one of either running at the same time will cause you lots of problems.

Totally-braindead 22:55 16 Mar 06

Took me a while to type that, BigAWPC if you look at your emails down at the very bottom it should say scanned by AVG no virus found, if it does you know its working. It is essential you keep it up to date though.
Regarding your problem, follow VoG™s advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac