Please Help Me (2 Problems)

BigAWPC 18:20 05 Oct 04

1)I have recently Uninstalled Yahoo messenger from my P.C and I am still getting the messenger popping up every time I start my P.C. What do i do?

2) Every time I start my P.C up I get 2 things on my taskbar at the bottom of the screen, The things are: "Search Assistant toolbar" and "Quick Launch Toolbar". How do I get rid of these.

Please Help me.

From
Antony Clewer

Valvegrid 18:21 05 Oct 04

What operating system are you using please?

OwenLotts 18:30 05 Oct 04

<sigh> click here

He's running XP

BigAWPC 18:32 05 Oct 04

Valvegrid

Can you help me get rid of my problems plz.

From

Antony Clewer

Valvegrid 18:36 05 Oct 04

You're obviously new to the forum, welcome. I can't help you myself, because I don't run XP, but some help will arrive, good luck.

OwenLotts 18:38 05 Oct 04

Quick Launch Toolbar and Search Assistant toolbar. Right click toolbar, toolbars and then uncheck them from the list.

VoG II 18:41 05 Oct 04

For problem 2, run these: Ad-aware click here Spybot click here CWShredder click here

Jackcoms 18:50 05 Oct 04

Assuming you have fully uninstalled Yahoo Messenger (I don't use it, so don't know what it is) there is no reason that it should still pop up.

Here are two suggestions. Download and install CCleaner from click here

Run 'Issues' and it should find leftovers from your uninstalled Yahoo Messenger. You can safely delete anything that it finds in 'Issues'.

Alternatively:

Go to Start; Run and type msconfig. Click OK. Go to the Startup tab and untick any reference to Yahoo Messenger which you find in the list of Startup Items.

BigAWPC 23:16 05 Oct 04

To Jackcoms

I tried your way of resolving my problem and it worked ( I followed your Alternative) .

THANK YOU JACKCOMS.

From

ANTONY CLEWER

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…