Please help me

Jade 14 G 22:42 27 Feb 05

I posted a problem l have with mcfee on a new computer, my son installed it and installed mcfeeon a 60 day trial, l always have AVG, mcfee is driving me crazy , had a reply but it did not work so have just had chat on mcfees site . The agent left me with three pages of things to do and l don't understand any of it and as l am not a expert wouldn't attempt them, was just going to tell him this when he closed me down.
In brief have mcfee privacy centre and mcfee is in a security centre with Dell's security centre.
I have uninstalled mcfee vrus scan but cannot uninstall the others primary the privacy centre as l am not the administrater which l do not understand.Who ca be a administrator, my son put all my details in for me.
Big question can l put AVG on, am worried as now have not got much virus stuff protecting the pc.
One hour at support and end up with nothing.

VoG II 22:45 27 Feb 05

Previous thread click here

Were you not able to log on as tha Administrator?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:48 27 Feb 05

Cn you log on with your sons log on he will be the administrator.

or has he password protected his log on?

Jade 14 G 14:38 28 Feb 05

He put my name as administrater with a password that l know but when l try to uninstall from add and remove, a small grey screen tell's asks me if l a,. but there is knowhere for me to put yes, then another small window opens on top of the other and you see the box for uninstalling it but this screen is asking me if l want to uninstall and as soon as l click yes the box goes and all l have left on the grey screen is CLOSE have tried to drag it away but it won't. This is worse than all the other stuff from Mcfee.
Have downloaded the updates for AVG , mind you it took a day but all l can do with Mcfee is disable the privacy bit from the icon for while l am online but still have two more things on pc of Mc Fees. Am not speaking to my son as he knew l used AVG lol

Graham ® 14:57 28 Feb 05

Is there an uninstall option in Programs?

Jade 14 G 13:23 01 Mar 05

No looked there as well, to think it was only a 60 day trial and now its stuck to me.
Jill

LANDCRUISER 16:36 01 Mar 05

have you tried to restore your pc to a early time,before mcaffre was installed,then you can load avg

Chezdez 16:38 01 Mar 05

boot up into safemode by tapping F8 as your computer boots, then selecting safemode with the arrow keys and enter

then, when it loads, select the administrator account, and try uninstalling from there

Jade 14 G 22:42 01 Mar 05

Can't try restore as he put it in when the new pc arrived and the thought of starting from scratch, but just remberd it was mixed in with Dell's Cd.
Also tried in safe mode, don't ever use it as you will never get rid of it.
Have disabled it everytime l am online but its still popping up screens for updates or to sell me more. Can't understand why the grey uninstall window comes up from add and remove won't let me sign as l am the administrator, it goes as l click on the option do you want to uninstall , no x at top to just remove it.
Am at my wits end , got a new pricy for Dell pc and from first day l have a software that won't go
Jill

VoG II 22:45 01 Mar 05

I repeat: have you managed to log on as the Administrator? Not your account or your son's account, the Administrator in Safe Mode?

Alan H E 22:49 01 Mar 05

Anything on Ccaffees site for uninstalling?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…