Please help I've turned my mouse scroll wheel off.

Never again 21:49 01 Aug 04

I was having a tidy (like you do from time to time), and installed and ran ccleaner and regseeker as advised in a previous thread for someones pc that was sluggish.

Now my mouse scroll wheel does not work in internet explorer or ms office, and I have to use the scroll bars, which is a bit irritating.

If I press the mouse wheel down I still get the arrowy thing happening but it wont scroll by turning the wheel.

Any suggestions??

thms 22:01 01 Aug 04

Try reinstalling the mouse driver.
CAUTION should be used when using any kind of cleaner software.

ALWAYS check what you are deleting.

Never again 22:16 01 Aug 04

I haven't got any mouse software - should I just remove the mouse in device manage and let windows detect it on reboot (I'm running win me).

thms 22:31 01 Aug 04

You could try that after all you have nothing to lose. You could also go to device manager and click on mouse and update driver.

Never again 22:34 01 Aug 04

Did the update driver route and selected the other driver as windows told me that I already had the best driver.

unfortunately it did not work.

No mouse wheel is bleeding annoying.

thms 22:36 01 Aug 04

What type of mouse is it you may be able to download a driver from the manufacturers web site.

Never again 22:44 01 Aug 04

its an old ms 1.1a intellemouse, so the windows drivers are included as they were listed when I updated the driver, but I was thinking - I also did the lazy cleaning thing with my fingernail on the mouse bars last night

Could I have damaged the mouse, after all its getting on as its nearly 7 years old?

I have a spare mouse at work I could try tomorrow.

thms 22:44 01 Aug 04

Don,t know if this will work, reinstall the origanal driver, go to control panel right click on mouse icon and select properties, see if there is anything there to set mouse wheel.

It is a long time since I have used a mouse with a wheel and even longer since I have used ME

Never again 22:51 01 Aug 04

Done it already I'm afraid.

I cant see any scroll options in control panel/ mouse.

How do you cope without a wheel?

thms 22:55 01 Aug 04

Try Here for latest download click here

Never again 22:56 01 Aug 04

Thanks for your help so far, but.....

Sorry - got to go (work at 5am) - back tomorrow

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…