Please help! internet problems

wrfc_rabbit 16:51 19 May 06

hi people,
Im having a rather annoying problem. the only internet connectivity i can get is through internet explorer and firefox. this may sound normal but the annoying thing is i cant connect through Windows media player my p2p and my FTP!

i have a hunch its something to do with a firewall but i have deleted them all and deactivated windows firewall and still have the same problem!

Please help

Rabbit

wrfc_rabbit 16:56 19 May 06

also have no msn connectivity

Thatslife 16:57 19 May 06

Really does sound like your firewall. Have a look at the permissions and make sure it's allowing the apps you're having probs with.

wrfc_rabbit 16:58 19 May 06

its allowing all but no love!!

wrfc_rabbit 17:01 19 May 06

i have also checked for viruses and spyware and im clean!

wrfc_rabbit 17:09 19 May 06

i need help real bad with this because i gotta produce a website for a client by tomorrow!! i cant even use web based FTPs!!!

octal 18:13 19 May 06

Do you get any error messages when you try to connect?

Phphred 19:28 19 May 06

Are your Windows Services enabled?

wrfc_rabbit 16:41 22 May 06

No error messages just page cannot be displayed!! please help ASAP

octal 19:28 22 May 06

I've just had a thought, which is dangerous for me. Check your HOSTS file to make sure its not blocking something.

In Windows XP its located in

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ETC

When you find it it will be HOSTS without any extension, try renaming it to HOSTS.OLD and see if that makes a difference, if it doesn't just rename it back to HOSTS again.

rsinbad 19:59 22 May 06

If you are accessing the internet via adsl router change the MTU size

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…