Please Help, Internal Hard-drive

spagcat 17:06 06 May 08

I am struggling to get my hard-drive to run through my computer. It is fully wired up and the comptuer starts. It goes to a screen where it says, " Start in safe mode, Last known config...."etc. After i choose one it just goes black and loops back round to this screen again. If you can help me, Please let me know, Thank you =)

Ditch999 17:08 06 May 08

What OS is it? XP, Vista etc. Do you have the OS disc?

spagcat 17:09 06 May 08

Its XP, and no i don't have the disc, i got a XP home edition disc, but i think this is mircosoft milliam

Ditch999 17:11 06 May 08

If you select start in safe mode, or last known good configuration does it start up then?

spagcat 17:12 06 May 08

Nope, just goes black, then re-boots and goes back to the same screen.

Ditch999 17:15 06 May 08

What do you mean by "Its XP, and no i don't have the disc, i got a XP home edition disc, but i think this is mircosoft milliam"
Is it Windows XP or Windows Millenium Edition? Do you have a Windows XP cd or a Windows M.E. CD?

spagcat 17:17 06 May 08

Sorry mate, It is XP and i have a windows XP home edition, i think it is home edition.

Ditch999 20:35 07 May 08

Set the BIOS to boot from CD. Insert the XP cd and restart the computer. If prompted, select any options required to boot from the CD.
When the text-based part of Setup begins, follow the prompts; choose the repair or recover option by pressing R. When you get to the command prompt type fixmbr and hit enter. Reboot changing the boot sequence back to hard drive 1st.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…