please help, i can't stop my Mass storage device

habs 00:55 29 Feb 04

Hi everybody

Please i need your help.

I have Mass Storage device with 80GB .I was using it, when i computer Crash so 3 times while i was using the (Mass storage device)CADDY drive.

I tried to close the Caddy drive by going to Safely remove hardware near the clock, in the end after i choose the caddy drive,then press stop, again hightlight the caddy and press ok a message popup saying:
-problem ejecting USB Mass Storage device
The device'Generic Volume' cannot be stopped right now,try stopping the device again later.

I have friend he know a lot about computer,he told if i switch the Caddy off without going to (safely remove hardware) i will burn the Hard disk.

This error come up about 3 hours ago,and still cannot switch it off.

Can you please help.

Thank you so much for your help.

My kindest regards
habs

Diodorus Siculus 08:03 29 Feb 04

If there is something accessing the drive, like an open windows explorer pane, or the likes, you will not be able to exit it.

Try shutting down the PC.

habs 09:41 29 Feb 04

Thank you for your help i received from you.No i was on desktop, i disconnect myself from internet.

i wasn't using any program.or opening any program.

Thank you again for all your help.

habs

habs 19:39 14 Mar 04

Hi everybody

I am still having this problem,I can't disconnect my Mass storage device while i am on.

I am typing the same error:

I have Mass Storage device with 80GB .I was using it, when i computer Crash so 3 times while i was using the (Mass storage device)CADDY drive.

I tried to close the Caddy drive by going to Safely remove hardware near the clock, in the end after i choose the caddy drive,then press stop, again hightlight the caddy and press ok a message popup saying: -problem ejecting USB Mass Storage device The device'Generic Volume' cannot be stopped right now,try stopping the device again later.

I have friend he know a lot about computer,he told if i switch the Caddy off without going to (safely remove hardware) i will burn the Hard disk.

This problem happened about month ago now,and still cannot switch it off.

I can only switch it off by switch my computer off and then unplug the Caddy.

Can you please help.

Thank you so much for your help.

My kindest regards habs

dotterel 19:55 14 Mar 04

I don't know if this will help, but try pressing cntrl+alt+del. This should bring up a list of all programs running. Highlight one and click box "End task". Do these one at a time and, after ending each one, see if you can close down your storage device.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now