Please help How to format my Compaq Deskpro.

tojam53 17:01 18 Sep 06

I am having trouble finding my hard drive now that I have formatted (now realizing I used the wrong method to format. I used a cd that was trying to restore my windows xp and now It will not let me access my c:. I have run out of ideas and need help!

ArrGee 17:05 18 Sep 06

Use this to format, then re-install Windows
click here

tojam53 17:09 18 Sep 06

Well windows isnt working now I can only access dos, And when I type c: it says invalid drive specification. It will only let me access a: and r: which is a network drive?

woodchip 17:12 18 Sep 06

If you do not Have a full XP disc. only a Restore disc. Do not format your drive, as you will need to buy a full XP CD

tojam53 17:16 18 Sep 06

I am trying to install windows 98 now. The restore cd formatted my drive and at the same time it was reinstalling xp. Now I cannot format c: because it doesnt find it.

tojam53 17:26 18 Sep 06

Argee am I going to have to install any new files after the format is complete to reinstall windows 98?

woodchip 17:30 18 Sep 06

You need to us this to clear the Hard drive, click here load it onto a floppy and run it at startup if it does not work like that also download 98se boot disc click here tenth file from top, put a Blank Floppy in drive double click on the downloaded file it will create a boot disc. Start with the boot disc, leave until it gets to A:\> then switch to killdisk and run it to clear the NTFS partition info. Then restart with 98se boot disc and type FDISK press enter large disk support yes then create a partition and format it

tojam53 17:54 18 Sep 06

Thanks guys I think its going to work now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…