Please Help ...Gamer in distress

Space_sticks 11:44 05 Jan 04

I have a Patriot 2450 Laptop(bought from Dixons, March 2003) 2.4ghz, 512MB RAM, Onboard graphics(SiS 650) + sound card(SiS), running windows XP + DirectX 9.0b. I love playing games and recently bought 'Call of Duty' which unfortunately does not run on this computer saying that I need to update the graphics card drivers. I tried w/o success. I was wondering if anything can be done using software b4 having to buy a graphics card. If I do have to resort to one, which would be a better buy: Nvidia/Radeon? And where in london/which store can I get it done at a reasonable rate.
Thanks.

rickf 11:52 05 Jan 04

Unless someone knows better, graphics cards for laptops are practically non-existent. I think you may have to upgrade your laptop rather than just the card.

AndySD 11:53 05 Jan 04

You may find the drivers click here but if not are they on the Laptop manufacturers website.... only problem is they still may not be up to running the game and you cannot add a graphics card to a laptop :-((

Jester2K 12:04 05 Jan 04

For that game you would definately need a laptop with a higher spec onboard graphics. Theres no upgrade you can do.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…