please help! everything jams when on Internet

spenno2 13:09 11 May 04

I have had internet access for several years.
recently however, as soon as I go online my screen fills up with advertising pages and the computer grounds to a halt!sometimes I press Ctrl Alt.Del,this sometimes closes the page that is on view,more that often I have to turn the computer off as it just freezes up.

mammak 13:47 11 May 04

Try running adware 6 click here
and spybot click here
update both before running.

expertec 13:48 11 May 04

Sounds like your computer is filled up with rubbish, try this:

Download and install Ad-Aware from click here and Spybot Search & Destroy from click here .

Run these programs (one at a time), use the update function inside the programs, download all the updates and then scan with them. Fix everything they find.

Then re-boot your computer.

After that download and install SpywareBlaster click here

Then download HijackThis click here

Go to click here register and look in the "Hijack This and Spyware Removal Support" section, someone will explain how to use HijackThis and help you with it

Stuartli 13:52 11 May 04

If you do as expertec suggests - and it's common sense to do so - n the case of SpywareBlaster you will have to Enable All Protection again before closing it down again (it works in the background).

spenno2 14:11 11 May 04

Thanks for your quick responce. I suppected something like this may have caused my problem but I am running windows 98 and I think some of these fixes are for more up to date systems, I would value your comments or suggestions before trying the advice currently on offer!!!

expertec 14:38 11 May 04

as far as I know everything I suggested will work with windows 98 as well

Stuartli 14:50 11 May 04

Might also be worth installing IE6 if you haven't already done so and taking note as well of the following information:

johnnyrocker 14:54 11 May 04

as far as i am aware they work across the board.

spenno2 21:37 30 Mar 05

Thanks to all your replies. As you are aware I am not a computer wiz Kid like most of you guys out there!! By the way does anyone have any ideas why macromedia flash only plays video for a second or 2, then stops then continues ..etc?

Jak_1 21:55 30 Mar 05

Also click here popup stopper. Very useful.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…