Please help with error checking -3

Paranoid Android 19:48 20 Apr 04

Hi peeps,

Hopefully have got most of the bugs out of the thing now. (I got an update from the menu developers just for little ole me!). The menu is a bit special because it is a javascript menu that can cross frame borders, but it has been a bit buggy and I just want to be sure.

Please take a look and see if it is working OK. Any problems, click the help icon.

click here

The problems with Opera and Mozilla should be OK now. There seem to still be some issues with Macs, so anyone with a Mac and IE5+ please let me know.

Thanks very very much, you are all stars.

Thanks also to the guys at SoftComplex for all the hard work. click here

Marvin

Paranoid Android 19:51 20 Apr 04

PS anyone who replies, pls give details of platform, browser and version. Thx.

Taran 20:01 20 Apr 04

The sub-menus, when you click on the parent link, do not retract.

I normally code in an autofade so that if you hover over a parent link to reveal the sub-links, they will fade after a specified time. Yours do not fade until another parent link on the menu is clicked.

I thought that maybe it was supposed to act this way, then I tried it in IE and they fade out nicely once you move the cursor to another location on the menu or page.

The sub-link background colour is not semi-transparent either in Firefox, while in IE it is.

PurplePenny 20:38 20 Apr 04

Background not transparent in Opera either. But they do work now :-)

PP

slowhand_1000 23:54 20 Apr 04

Initially I could not get the sub-menus to stay revealed long enough to click it. On selecting the link, the sub-menus stayed visible until I hovered over them.

Eventually I was quick enough to be able to select a link. Having been able to select one, the next time they behaved as normal, but not for long. I am now back to not being able to select the sub-menus. They are fading much too fast for me.

I thought I would have one last go before posting this, and they now work ok. Well sort of, some disappear too fast and the next time they work ok.

Very hit and miss for me I'm afraid.

Paranoid Android 08:14 21 Apr 04

Thanks all. I will look at the fade settings, but level 2 should stay lit during mouseover(however long it takes). PP I don't know how to make thew menu transparent in Opera but I'm not too worried as long as it works.

This is a third party javascript menu, in my view it should be 100% stable coz I've paid good money for it.

TTFN

Marvin

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…