Please help with error checking

Paranoid Android 14:56 09 Apr 04

Hi folks,

I am trying out the latest Tigra Menu Gold javascript menu on my website. I am generally impressed, but it doesn't seem to be 100% stable.

Please could you take a look click here

In particular :

1) Please report any difficulties or problems using the menu, including menu positional errors

2) Please report any script errors

3) Even though all pages are set to 100%, some fill the width whilst others do not (main right-hand frame).

4) Any problems with resizing (please don't go mad, 800X600 and 1024X768 should do it).

Please could you advise your OS , Browser and Version.

Thanks very very much.

Paranoid Android 15:15 09 Apr 04

If you have problems with the menu not showing on the above link, please try click here

(First link is .com, second link is

PurplePenny 22:33 09 Apr 04

Win98se Opera 7.50

On the home page the sub-menus appeared over the main text and didn't work. The only link that worked was Sponsors as it didn't have a sub-menu.

On Sponsors it was a different problem - no sub-menu showed up for any menu item - just the main menu item itself in the place of a sub-menu. From that page the only link that I could use was back to Home.

Main (right hand) frame was correct size on the two pages that I was able to look at but had a scroll bar at the side and bottom even though they were not needed.

Resized to a narrower window with no (other) problems.

Falkyrn 22:49 09 Apr 04

The sub menu's stay in relative position to the main menu ie immediately to the right until you visit the sponsor page ...

after that every submenu item appears 2 inches to the right and approx 1/2 inch down

Falkyrn 22:50 09 Apr 04

sorry should have said ... browsers avant and firefox

Paranoid Android 00:50 10 Apr 04

Thanks for looking, Penny and Falkyrn - as I suspected, it's a little flaky when working across frames, although it is specifically sold to do this. The menus are supposed to work with IE 4+, Nav 4+, Opera, Mozilla and AOL.

I think I have traced the problem (in IE6) to a recurrent script error in the main javascript menu file, which I have brought to the attention of the developers. Hopefully they will sort it out.

I'll post back when I've had a response.

For anyone interested, click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…