Please help choose my pc upgrade!

gartoye 11:40 17 Feb 05

please help! i am about to buy a new pc (pc unit only) and am unsure which one is best-suited for my use.
my existing system is an athlon AMD x86 family model 6 stepping 2, 1045 mhz, 512 mb ram, 28gb hard drive(13gb free), geforce gts2 video card (im no expert, i printed this info off my pc) and it runs on windows xp pro.
I mainly use my pc to create dvd's and cd's, use the web & play flight sims.
i added a dvd-r and then an additional dvd-r, the pc unit became quite warm so i added a case-fan, i then noticed air hissing out through the gaps between the drives, so added another fan in the front to get an airflow going, which did the job. as a result, my computer is now rather noisier than when i first bought it, this is irritating as i wish to leave my pc running.
Ive browsed a few 'build your own pc' websites in order to get one built and sent to me, but i dont really understand what particular components i need to suit what i mainly do.
i dont demand THE state of the art technology, but would like my new pc to perform my existing tasks better, to run modern and upcoming devices and programs, and i would like to consider my new machine as being fairly meaty & capable of delivering good graphics, gameplay and sound, increased copying speed etc. i have a £1000 budget. Please advise!

Demonstar_T 12:02 17 Feb 05

How about this system from Evesham for £869.01

click here

You can always upgrade the graphics card if you so wish, but the spec doesn't look too bad

georgemac © 18:11 17 Feb 05

click here= click here= click here and look at the digmate 17" tft monitor for under £140

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…