please help again....

ameba 21:07 13 Jul 03

I don't know the word I am looking for to do what I want to do?.... Maybe reconfiguration?
I have windows ME 4.90.3000and I want to clear everything and start again as was when I first got it.
I have downloaded so much rubbish which I thought I needed when I first got the pc but turns out I was just conned into downloading things I never really needed. I have removed programmes but I can never find all the rest of the files and folders or whatever that are left behind.
I have 304 MB ram and my system resource says 43% free. 32 bit. generic ide disc type 47
Dont know if this info helps but could someone direct me to a page that will give me the info I need to clean up my pc and start again?
Thanks in anticapation

VoG II 21:12 13 Jul 03

click here

Make sure that you print this out and read very carefully before starting.

You will need a boot disk click here

ameba 21:19 13 Jul 03

Do I need to save the boot me disc onto floppy once it is downloaded?

VoG II 21:22 13 Jul 03

Yes, if yoy read the first click here that I posted it will tell you what to do.

In fact a W98 boot disk would work but you might as well get an ME one.

Before you start this - you do have a "full" Windows ME CD, don't you?

ameba 21:30 13 Jul 03

Yes, I have the disc. I bought the pc new so I have the discs that came with it and also copied start up/rescue discs on to floppy.
Is that sounding good so far?
I read the part about saving on to floppy when I was printing it out. I downloaded the boot first when I asked before reading...I should knoiw better.
Thanks again

VoG II 21:32 13 Jul 03

Sounds good so far but I would just like to double check that your ME disk is a real Microsoft one and not a "Recovery Disk" provided by the 'puter manufacturer.

ameba 21:38 13 Jul 03

It says authentic on the disc and says for distribution with a new pc only....also says high encryption on it. And I have the certificate of authenticity. Is that what you mean?

VoG II 21:41 13 Jul 03

Yes - you're OK then.

As I said above, make sure that you understand everything that you have to do and proceed carefully, following the instructions to the letter.

In particular, save everything that you need (like your own documents, Internet Explorer favorites and so on) before you start.

Good luck!

ameba 21:46 13 Jul 03

I've allready saved stuff. And I am now carefully reading the instructions. b-4 doing anything else.
Depending on time...I hope to be back on in a few days to let you know all is well.
Thanks again and I really need to imprint "reformat" into my single cell brain. :)

VoG II 21:49 13 Jul 03

A few days? The actual process should take you a couple of hours at most. It sounds like you've already done the time-consuming preparation. Look forward to hearing a success story.

ameba 21:53 13 Jul 03

I have to go to bed as soon as I do this as the four letter word "work" is upon me and I have to get up real early.
I'm a woman's work is never done. I have a lot to do after work and I am just back from Greece so lots of washings and ironings to do.....blah blah blah....
probably won't have time to go the net for a couple of days.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…