please help after system restore

sittingduck 17:10 07 Jun 06

I had to do a system restore afte windows would not boot (even in save mode. i was uynable to back-up my old data and emails, so i di a non formay restore and had my old disk sticture saved. This is where I need help, is there any way of finding my old emails that were on out look express?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:44 07 Jun 06

If you did a windows repair
i.e. loaded windows from a windows CD without selecting remove / format partition
then your files and programs should be exactly as thery were before.

If you reinstalled from a manufacturer's restore disk then the PC is set back to the day you recieved it, all your e-mails will be lost.

sittingduck 19:16 07 Jun 06

it was a non format restore all windows setting are set to manufactures settings, but all my previous stuff is saved to a folder called my old disk structure, this includes windows files, games doc. and settings so on and so on.

VoG II 19:24 07 Jun 06

Can you access "My Old Disk Structure"? If so you should be able to move the folders inside it to C:

If not you may need to take ownership click here

sittingduck 21:05 07 Jun 06

I can access it, but dont know where the old emails are stored

VoG II 21:09 07 Jun 06

They should be in

C:\Documents and Settings\<User>\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{GUID}\Microsoft\Outlook Express

But obviously in the copy of that.

VoG II 21:10 07 Jun 06

Search for *.dbx

sittingduck 22:15 07 Jun 06

Thanks I'll have a look and see if I can find it, that is if I can get the bloody PC to boot up, after my restore I updated to sp2, it would not reset so had to switch the power off now windows just hangs when booting up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…