Please Help - ActiveX

Supertramp 12:04 09 Jun 06

I have been having real problems recently with my PC. i.e. running slow and other related problems. For instance I can not download the PCpitstop utility. Keep getting the following message;

PCPitstop utility did not load
NOTE: If you are using Windows XP Service Pack 2, look at the top of this page and see if the yellow Information Bar is displaying a message about PC Pitstop. If so, click the Information Bar and select "Install ActiveX Control".

Also, the Microsoft Office update page would not load mainly same reason. i.e. Office Update ActiveX Control Failed to Load.

So having a couple of days off I thought I would scrub the C: drive and re-install everything, this way, the problems I had before would go away, wrong?

Have got some programs back on and PC is now running faster than it was but, I am still getting the same problems mentioned above.

I am running Win98SE, IE6 and all settings are correct as I am aware, especially those requested by the PCpitstop page for ActiveX controls.

Please what is wrong.

gudgulf 12:49 09 Jun 06

It seems you are not alone click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…