Please help!!

Leon12 09:24 13 Jul 10

My laptop is connected wirlesslesly to my Talk Talk router. When I click on Internet Explorer it takes me to my internet homepage, but if I try on click on an item (i.e. try to get into my Yahoo e-mail) or type in a web address it won't let me do it, instead I just get a pinging noise whenever I try to click on to anything with my mouse. Can anyone please advise as to how I could resolve this as it is driving me crazy! Also whenever Internet Explorer opens my home page, it does so twice, pleas help.

Ex plorer 10:47 13 Jul 10

Just a guess do you use a wireless mouse with batteries and its a warning sound to say the batteries are low.

Leon12 11:31 13 Jul 10

Sorry, when I said mouse I meant the touch pad on my laptop.

Ex plorer 01:13 14 Jul 10

I dont use a touch pad on my Laptop but it is posible to switch it ON & OFF on the key board on my Lappy its FN F10 you will see it come up on the screen.

Strawballs 01:40 14 Jul 10

If the touchpad was dissabled then when Leon12 clicks on IE it would not work and it would not make the pinging noise.

mgmcc 08:28 14 Jul 10

It is possible that you're not actually connected to the internet (i.e. the router) and that Internet Explorer is just loading your Home Page from the cache.

Open a Command Prompt window and, at the prompt, type...

IPCONFIG /ALL

...and press Enter. Check what IP address your Wireless Network Adapter has. If it's a 169.254 address, then you are not connected properly to the router to get the correct IP address by DHCP.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…