please help

lonemascot 17:09 01 Oct 05

is a 1.5 ghz intel centrino fast or is it slow by todays standards. i was told it was as fast as pentium 4 3ghz but this doesn't sound right.
Also a lot of the laptops I see with centrino technology have rubbish graphics running at 32mb. whats up with that.

I need a fairly powerful machine that can cope with games, and video editing etc.

what technology should i opt for: centrino or p4 ht or amd 64?

please help

VoG II 17:11 01 Oct 05

Why have you started a new thread to repeat the same question? click here

lonemascot 17:12 01 Oct 05

because nobody had answered. and i had an extra question to add on. can you tell me what I need to know?

ade.h 17:35 01 Oct 05

A little patience....

lonemascot 17:47 01 Oct 05

I am sorry for being impatient, i am an impulsive person that wants answers quickly because i want a laptop and i want it now. i got the 'i wants' and i need to make an informed decision on my laptop of choice. so i am sorry for asking for your help but you guys have always been so helpful before.

ade.h 17:51 01 Oct 05

That's okay, you didn't cause any real offense. I hope my response to your other post was of some help. As a rough guide for you, one of my clients has an Acer with a 1.7ghz Centrino and it easily out-performs my ageing Athlon XP desktop which has almost the same clock speed. There are other variables, like RAM type, etc. but the Centrinos are definitely not slouches.

lonemascot 17:54 01 Oct 05

cheers mate does this laptop sound too good to be true for about £460?:

Dell Inspiron 9300 M760 2GHz/1GHZ Ram/ 100GB 17inch
Note:This laptop is refurbished
Centrino Wireless

Still under Dell Warranty Until 5-2008

Inspiron 9300,Pentium M 760 (2GHz/533MHz FSB)

17 inch True Life Wide Screen UXGA for Inspiron 9300

1GB, DDR2, 533MHz 2 Dimm, for Inspiron 9300

256MB NVIDIA 6800,for Inspiron

100GB Ultra ATA Hard Drive for Inspiron 9300

DELL SUPPORT 3.0,INSP

Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005, English

Integrated 10/100 Network Card and Modem, for Inspiron

8X DVD+/-RW Drive for Inspiron 9300

Intel PRO/Wireless 2200 Internal Wireless (802.11 b/g, 54Mps)

53 WHr 6-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery

*3 Year Limited Warranty

*Technical Support, 2 Year Extended

Charcoal Leather QuickSnap Cover, for Inspiron 9200

Int Dell Wireless 350 Bluetooth for Inspiron 9300

Multimedia USB TV Tuner with Remote Control

SANTOS7 17:57 01 Oct 05

I'd buy it......

Gongoozler 17:58 01 Oct 05

Hi lonemascot. I don't think you've offended anybody, but when we scan the postings to see if we can help people, a title like "please help" doesn't give any clue as to what help is needed, and so without opening the thread it's not possible for anyone to see if it's a topic they know anything about, and then when the thread is opened, to find it's one that has already been answered is a waste of time and so can be a bit annoying. For the best chance of getting the help you need it's best to use a title that gives some idea of what problem you need help on, and then if you don't get a response in a reasonable time, use the "Add a new response" box to bump your thread to the top of the list.

GaT7 17:58 01 Oct 05

lonemascot, that does sound too good to be true! Where are those available?

I was going to suggest one from Rock Direct click here, but they aren't cheap.

What is your budget by the way? G

GaT7 18:01 01 Oct 05

This is what the FE & others say about meaningless thread titles click here. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…