Please help

Muslimat79 17:37 15 Jan 05

I have a cafe I manage, but I want a situation where by I can control the way programs are loaded at the start of Windows. (Booth). I want a situation whereby the cafe timer will start first before loading any other application. Please if there's anything I can do about this let me know. Thanks for your unceasing helps and concern.

Stuartli 17:49 15 Jan 05

Perhaps if you explained more clearly exactly what a cafe has to do with the opening of Windows and what the timer is to which you refer, someone will be able to help you...:-))

ACOLYTE 17:52 15 Jan 05

Im also at a loss as to what you mean,but as far as i know windows determines what loads and when on boot up and i dont think you can change the actual boot order of things.

VoG II 17:53 15 Jan 05

Internet Cafe if I remember correctly.

Salinger 17:53 15 Jan 05

Cybercafe?

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 17:55 15 Jan 05

in the way a libary computers work,with the timer and restrictions,then why not simply ask them?.i assume like VoG that you are opening an internet cafe?.

Stuartli 10:26 16 Jan 05

Have you tried eliminating from misconfig all bar the normal Windows bootup sequence and then enabling just your timer utility to open?

Or try this:

click here

Info on what it does:

click here

Muslimat79 15:37 16 Jan 05

Thanks for your responses. What I'm saying is that. The clients in the cafe at startup will load certain applications or programs before the Cafe Timer, in this case, the customers some time are able to make sure the timer doesn't load. But if I'm able to load the timer first before any other thing, it would have been impossible (if I'm right) for them to tamper with the desktop or the Start Button as the timer will clear the Desktop and the Taskbar button.

Please help.

Graham ® 15:56 16 Jan 05

Are you using something like this click here?

I would think the security settings should prevent using illicit programs from circumventing the timer.

spuds 16:13 16 Jan 05

I would think that it is something on the lines BIG Ben as suggested.Muslimat79 as customer base, using his computers on a paying scale.But the customers are cheating the system.Cafe Timer=PAYG!.

Graham ® 16:23 16 Jan 05

These people make big claims, how justified I don't know click here

You will need a server/client set-up. If all the PCs are stand-alone you don't stand a chance.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…