Please help.

TED1 23:26 12 Sep 03

Small but irritating problem, Please help!
THis is a very small ,but annoying problem, I hope someone can help me. I have just bought a new case and motherboard. Everything works great apart from the case power LED has a 3 pin connector ( +,Null,-), while the motherboard only allows for a two pin connecter(+,-) to power the LED light. I have read the manual several times, as well as visiting the board manufactures site and cannot make any sense of it. Am I being thick , and can someone help me!

VoG II 23:32 12 Sep 03

Well I definitely can't help you but if you tell somebody what mobo it is, that might help for a start.

tbh72 23:32 12 Sep 03

1 ::::: 10. If the top left pin 1 & the rest of the top pins are 3, 5, 7 & 9. The bottom left pin is 2 and the rest of the bottom pins are 2, 4, 6 & 8. Your power led plug will either attach to odd pins eg 5,7 & 9 or even pins eg 6, 8 & 10.

The power led pin will not be even/odd eg 1 & 2 or 3 & 4....etc

Post the URL to your mobo manual and an expert can advise you further.

Regards
T

graham√ 23:34 12 Sep 03

Please help. ?

TED1 00:43 13 Sep 03

Motherboard is an ASROCK K7VT2 Athlon XP.

manual says from top left:
pled+, pled-, pwrbtn#, gnd,
Bottom row:
hdled+, hdled-, gnd, reset#, dummy.

now I have the power button, hdled, and reset button all working, but the Pled, has a 3 pin connector, and only two pins to connect it. Hope this fills in the blanks,
again thanks for your help.

TED1 00:47 13 Sep 03

Address for board is;
click here
thanks.

tbh72 00:58 13 Sep 03

I am assuming that the blank pin on the pled is the middle one, this being the case ensure the the + pin is attached & try again, it may ground through alternative means. eg it's ground pin may not be needed.

TED1 01:09 13 Sep 03

Ivee tried this with no success, how can 3 go into 2?

Gaz 25 01:18 13 Sep 03

Common problem, I try to take the 3rd GRD pin out anf put it in the second pin.

This works for me, but the dummy end one may hang over the edge and not sit on any pin, this is Ok/.

BillyBee 08:37 13 Sep 03

What I have done in the past is carefully spilt the 3 pin connector in two, leaving you with 2 seperate connectors to attach to mobo.

hope this is what you are trying to do.

Bill

TED1 08:40 13 Sep 03

Sorry I have tried this and it has not helped. There must be an answer as I cannot believe that this is a unique motherboard and case!
Thanks for trying though.
Has anybody else got any suggestions?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…