*****PLEASE HELP*****

cabourn 10:56 20 Aug 03

I have downloaded the latest Windows media player to my PC (which is on a LAN). I cannot run the application because of administrative rights.

Is there any way I can get round this without having to ask my supervisor to do it?.

Also, do you know of any media player that plays most file formats, I can run which does not need administrative rights?.

pj123 11:06 20 Aug 03

Nothing will run on a LAN that the Administrator doesn't want without obtaining permission first. Guess you are just going to have to ask for permission.

alcudia 11:33 20 Aug 03

As pj123 says, you will have to ask your administrator to install it for you. You have only been given enough rights to allow you to do your work, which is the way I have set up my LAN.
If anyone wants anything else they have to ask me. If its any comfort I would probably do this for whoever wanted it. By the way you have probably left a record of what you have done in your proxy servers log.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…