Please ensure that your thread title.....

Chris the Ancient 21:25 25 Jul 03

That's what it says - right at the top of the forum. Look down the page and look how many do!

Personally, when I look through the list of threads and see such things as "need help" and "Windows problem" I don't bother looking. I look at the threads with thread titles that tell me, in just a few words, what the problem is.

I know I am not alone with this feeling. I know many other people in the forum act the same way.

So, p-l-e-a-s-e... If you need help, give the readers a concept of what the problem is. You will get much more help.

recap 21:30 25 Jul 03

This point has been aired on numerous occassions in the past and will be in the future.

I myself do look at those that just may say "help" but after the ones with a meaningfull title.

Some poeple are new to computers and cannot describe the problem easily or don't even know what is happening with their computer so on occassion patients is a virtue.

graham√ 21:35 25 Jul 03

Your sentiments are echoed! Unfortunately, apart from a handful of regular 'Urgent Help' merchants, most of the transgressors are new to this forum thing. It seems to them that no-one will read their problem unless they stress its importance. Their notion of a stranger offering advice may seem remote.

Djohn 21:36 25 Jul 03

I agree, it can be frustrating, and now almost three years down the road if I had a problem, I think I could be reasonably descriptive, but in the beginning I think I too would have shouted, Help!!!! Regards. j.

john-232317 22:31 25 Jul 03

Big question...... i know what your saying,but it was posted by a regular, and its flying.

Taw 22:34 25 Jul 03

I can understandyour frustration, but bare in mind some of those looking for help dont even know what "thread title means" so please check all threads especially those with "help"

User-312386 22:49 25 Jul 03

I am more intrugued with the ones that say HELP!!!

as those users may not know what to do, so i go to them 1st

Legolas 22:54 25 Jul 03

I am the same as madboy33®© if I read a thread title and I think I cant answer the query then I will probably not look, but if I see 'help' or 'urgent' then I probably will have a look.

dessi 00:30 26 Jul 03

recap expresses the right attitude for those of us who are now learning about computers.
technically minded forum people should remember when they first began as learners, no bad feelings intended

Forum Editor 08:02 26 Jul 03

all conflict would cease, we would dance through sunlit fields of poppies in slow motion, eat ambrosia from plates of solid gold, and .............everyone would provide us with a perfectly worded thread title.Until that day comes we might do well to heed dessi's words and accept that when people need help urgently the thread title may not be their prime concern.

That isn't said to undermine your central point - we would like helpful titles - but after two and a half years in the forum I'm a realist, and I know that we'll continue to see threads with "Help!" as a title.

Jester2K II 10:16 26 Jul 03

Its the same as asking people to-

Tick When Resolved

State Which Fix Worked

Use the Search facility first (the same problems come up every day esp Jmbger.exe virus, Windows Messenger Service, etc etc)

Its the nature of people....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…