Please do tell us why it is ticked as resolved

pj123 13:47 29 Dec 05

so that we can all benefit from the responses.

Just ticking it as "Resolved" without a reason doesn't help.

bremner 13:52 29 Dec 05

I know I am missing the obvious but I have one thread unticked and can not find the 'Resolved' box - it is not where it used to be.

woodchip 13:53 29 Dec 05

Yes it is frustrating after giving advice that you just see a tick without so much as a word of why

woodchip 13:55 29 Dec 05

just above the text box on the right

bremner 13:59 29 Dec 05

Thanks for the pointer - it is not there and the penny has dropped as to probably why not.

It was a information thread that had no response. I guess the resolve box does not appear until at least one further posting has been made.

woodchip 14:10 29 Dec 05

that's right

Hamish 15:02 29 Dec 05

pj123 17:29 05 Jan 06

I am pushing this to the top again, because there still seems to be some who just tick without any reason whatsoever.

mattyc_92 17:33 05 Jan 06

I agree..... It can be annoying that the person hasn't explained what he (or she) has done to resolve the problem.

octal 17:37 05 Jan 06

I think it should be made clear its a two action procedure. You can't post and tick at the same time. Either post a reply and go back and tick, or tick then add a reply, not both together because one or t'other go missing.

rawprawn 18:41 05 Jan 06

This has been brought up many times, and while I wholeheartedly agree with the sentiments. Many people it seems just can't be bothered.
Perhaps (Though I doubt) they will listen to what is said here.
The real point is that if someone solves a specific problem it is there for all to see & learn, and is also available under the Forum Search Facility.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…