Please could any technical minded help me

allclear 23:24 20 Dec 06

My computer suddenly keeps crashing with the following message

"A problem has been detected and widows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer."

"Technical information. Stop:(0X000000SE, 0XC0000005, 0X804E6810, 0XEC6BC958 0X00000000)."

I dont understand any of the above numbers. Please can anybody help me?

Thanks

lotvic 01:17 21 Dec 06

duplicate posting click here

Mark McC 14:19 21 Dec 06

That is a memory access violation... That generally means a hardware problem if you are getting 0xc0000005 blue screens...

I would check CPU temps and video card temps

Mark

P.S Try to deactivate the automatic restart function of windows. You can do it under the Systemproperties (right click on "My Computer") > Advanced > Startup and Recovery Settings. Remove there the checkmark from "Automatically Restart" in the System Failure section.

wee eddie 17:21 21 Dec 06

Could you check that you have posted the correct numerical code.

A quick question: Have you moved the PC recently?

Another quick question: Have you ever had the covers off and are you a wiz with a screwdriver.

p;3 17:54 21 Dec 06

you have two threads running on this and may get conflicting guidance with this duplication of request on the same topic in different sections

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…