Please can we stick to the subject

VoG™ 22:34 10 Jan 03
  VoG™ 22:34 10 Jan 03

There are various threads here and in Consumerwatch that are predicting the downfall of this site/PCA mag, how we might support it, and so on and so forth.

May I please suggest, ladies and gentlemen, that we have no knowledge of PCA finances one way or the other.

Let us carry on regardless until informed otherwise. This is a computer help forum and as far as I know the Chancellor has never asked our opinion on interest rates and so on. Let's stick to what we're good at and leave those in the know to sort out the finances, and so on.

It really is not our business.

northamuk 22:38 10 Jan 03

Quite right, too.

What business is it of ours to make inferences?

northamuk 22:40 10 Jan 03

Missed out Chicken Licken, lol.

Sir Radfordin™ 22:43 10 Jan 03

"Chancellor has never asked our opinion on interest rates"

True, but he did ask Eddy about it!

Agree that we should perhaps stick to the subject, but there is a much wider issue to consider here. For a long time we've taken for granted the Internet and all it brings. We are now entering a stage where the good sites are costing large amounts to keep good. Discussion about the future can only be a good thing - admitadly perhaps at a more general level than it has been.

AMD 4 ever 22:49 10 Jan 03

Let's enjoy whatever time we spend here!
We all love the site, and I think we shall soldier on.....stive to help the needy!

VoG™ 22:50 10 Jan 03

Well as far as I know Eddy is not a member here and he certainly never posted a question about interest rates.

The point I was trying to make is that none of the members of this site (as far as I know) know anything about the state of PCA's finances, how much it costs to run the site and so on. Quite rightly they are matters for PCA.

AMD 4 ever 22:50 10 Jan 03

doh....

woodchip 22:53 10 Jan 03

Must say that I think the quality of the site members as deteriorated somewhat since the holiday's. I.e those Posting thread's ONE of most recent is making me have second thought's. About what's the point.

Sir Radfordin™ 22:55 10 Jan 03

Missed point there on Eddy!

As for knowing the state of finances, I don't think it really matters. People thought they knew what was going on at Enron and it turns out they didn't.

I'll stand by what I said, I think there needs to be some proper discussions into what we expect from the Internet (and not just this site or its members). Its been a good starting point and perhaps made a few people think.

If there was a problem with this discussion having taken place PCA would've stopped it a while ago. I expect they are keen to see what kind of response are given when people aren't prompted into discussing it.

northamuk 22:57 10 Jan 03

"The sky is falling!"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…