please anyone !!

Bugzee 11:34 24 Aug 04

i cant seem to get in to my hotmail in box , there is a padlock showing on the page ,can anyone point me in the right direction please

jak_jaa 12:14 24 Aug 04

I had this problem a while back and it drove me mad.It turned out that for me it was Norton's Firewall that was causing the problems. Tried different ways of setting up the firewall to no avail so ended up removing it and using McAffee instead. No problems since.Infact noticed an improvement in performance!

Bugzee 12:35 24 Aug 04

how do i find the firewall in xp pro to disable it ?

iambeavis 12:50 24 Aug 04

I don't know about XP Pro but one way in XP Home is
start/control panel/network connections - right click your ISP's logo choose properties/advanced and ensure that 'enable firewall protection' is unticked. If you mean a third party firewall then that's a different process.

Taff36 12:54 24 Aug 04

Three threads this morning is a it greedy Bugsy. Have you downloaded SP2 by any chance mate?

Taff36 12:58 24 Aug 04

Go to start, help and support and then type in firewall into the search bar at the top. It`s all there. iambeavis`s suggestion is there too.

Bugzee 13:05 24 Aug 04

hello taff thought you had emigrated ! i have disabled firewall but still cant get in to my in box , Help !!!!!!!

iambeavis 13:08 24 Aug 04

Perhaps Hotmail have locked your account.

Bugzee 13:12 24 Aug 04

hello iambeavis , i dont think so as i can get on to msn messenger no problem !

iambeavis 13:38 24 Aug 04

Try getting in touch with Hotmail.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…