A Plea for Backups

€dstowe 08:00 25 Dec 06

(I've posted this on other pages)
Before I go for my Christmas jollities, can I make yet another plea to anyone who doesn't have a backup of their computer system, to make one without delay.

There are several threads recently, some still running, which would be totally unnecessary if a backup had been made and used to get the system back to how it should be.

I appreciate that people may be bored to tears by me constantly posting this same subject but, the fact remains that there is a continuing stream of posts where a backup could have saved much stress and heartache.

DON'T JUST THINK ABOUT IT. DON'T LEAVE IT AS ANOTHER NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION WAITING TO BE BROKEN AS SOON AS YOU CAN. DO IT. DO IT NOW!!!!!!!

(Before anyone tells me that posting in upper case letters is shouting, I know, it's supposed to be).

If you've been lucky enough to get a new computer for Christmas treat it to a backup before you start mucking it up with things you wish you hadn't loaded, looked at or had come in by accident.

Come on folks, do it and then have a relaxed and HAPPY CHRISTMAS.

Peter 12:28 25 Dec 06

I totally agree with you €dstowe - a backup is a necessity, not an option. If choosing what needs to be backed up is preventing anyone from performing a backup, don't let it. Whatever you choose to omit from your backup WILL BE what you need when disaster happens.

Take an image NOW using Norton Ghost, or a similar programme. Yes, it will be a waste of time; that is until you need your backup. Then it will be a complete Godsend.

That's enough preaching for now - Merry Christmas.

Peter.

p;3 14:49 25 Dec 06

how do you suggest doing back up for those on win 98 versions? as Norton Ghost is for younger versions of windows

VoG II 14:57 25 Dec 06

In Windows 98 you can install Windows Backup click here and it is pretty straightforward to use click here

terryf 02:24 26 Dec 06

€dstowe You are playing my tune, I heartily agree with you, I find that Acronis True Image is so user friendly taking less than 10 minutes to backup my os and programs on C, I keep ALL data on D, although it doesn't yet cater for backup of the latest browser versions (ie7 and ff2). The other thing worth thinking about is to transfer the OE store folder to another drive or partition. Keep a copy of OE account data as an iaf file, copy of wab (windows address book)

Peter 01:10 27 Dec 06

I've been using my Ghost Version Personal Edition 5.1d on Windows 95 & 98SE for about 6 years now.

Peter.

€dstowe 16:06 28 Dec 06

Moving to top and closing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…