Playstation 2 feezes

Windsoar 20:53 08 Feb 04

I know thi is probably the wrong forum, but I don't know of an equivalent with the expertise of those who respond to this message board.
From time to time my son's Playstation 2 freezes. It was a Christmas 2003 present, so it's still quite new. It's not consistently in the same place and the problem applies to different games. Is this normal or a sign of something more sinister? Should I be taking it back under warranty?

carver 22:12 08 Feb 04

Check the CD's for any scratches or finger prints on them, if there is any marks or dirt this sometimes cause the screen to freeze or jump about. The best way I've found to clean the disc's is to use a sponge with a mild washing up liquid on and clean them under a running tap and then dry them with kitchen towel.

DAG88 22:26 08 Feb 04

if it's happening with all games then I would take it back for a replacment

pinnicat 00:19 09 Feb 04

ran a ps2 for a couple of years , before i graduated to more complex problems in the shape of a p.c.
if the freezing is random, don't mess around, get it back to the store and demand a replacement. if you have lost the receipt, don't worry..under consumer law thay have to offer a replacement so along as you can prove in some way that you bought it from there.
stand firm and don't take any lip, they can be smug gits in these games shops.
best o' luck.
mik

hugh-265156 00:43 09 Feb 04

as above if its only new and its not working the bring it back to the store and say the "magic" word" ie "faulty"

"stand firm and don't take any lip, they can be smug gits in these games shops"

erm... no.most are very helpful if you dont go in all guns blazing.be nice.

Windsoar 20:29 09 Feb 04

Thanks for the advice - you've answered my enquiry, which is that this is not normal, so I'll take it back to the shop.
As for the approach to the retailer, it's a large chain. As for the "smug gits", well my wife works there!

pinnicat 22:46 09 Feb 04

ah well then ...it's not a gameshop...so they will be lovely people...like what tyour wife is...
ho-hum

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…