Plays audio shows no graphics

Mylesnorth 23:48 05 Dec 14

Hello, When I was using my old PC running Windows XP, I would often play an "Enhanced CD". [ Roswell (Original Television Soundtrack) Enhanced ].

I could listen to the audio tracks and also watch special animations and other graphics and written data included on the CD. It was a long time ago that I played the enhanced cd for the first time, but I remember it automatically installed something called...Inter Actual Player. Which stopped being supported in 2008.

Since I am now running Windows 7, all I get is the audio. None of the animations or graphics can be seen. It plays like a simple audio CD. I tried watching on Windows Media Player, VLC Media Player, Windows Media Classic and Quick Time Player but the results were the same...only audio. Anyone have an idea if there is a way to get the graphics back up and running? Is there an alternative to Inter Actual Player that I could install?
Is there a fix?

rdave13 00:28 06 Dec 14

Have a look here. Check the downloaded software first by scanning with your security software then select a custom install so you can untick boxes or decline unwanted ad-ons during installation. Shows to be compatible up to Win 8.

Mylesnorth 02:11 06 Dec 14

Yes, I installed it and a window pops up and says it is not compatible with Windows 7. I loaded the cd anyway and when the Inter Actual Player came on it would not play the cd.

rdave13 18:08 06 Dec 14

Have you tried compatibility mode or run trouble-shooter?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:47 06 Dec 14

What you are missing is the correct codecs for the media player to play the animations.

Try installing the klite codec pack from here then windows media player should play it OK.

Mylesnorth 18:48 06 Dec 14

Yes, I tried all that. I was hoping that since the Inter Actual Player is out dated, there would be an alternative software that could be used and have the enhanced cd run properly in Windows 7. Seems a shame to just loose the "extras" on the cd.

I did some searching on the web and found others that have complained about the same problem with the out dated Inter Actual Player.

Thank you for trying to help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…