Playing XP compatible games on Vista

ArcAngel67 14:45 18 Oct 08

I have just loaded Pharaoh Gold (one of my son's all time fave games) onto Vista laptop, but I can't get it to run properly. I then looked at the cover and saw that it is only compatible with 98/ME/XP - Vista wasn't around then.

I googled for a solution and there was reference to dual booting. Any ideas on how I do that, should I do that and will it cause problems with my Vista, as I don't want to go messing with my OS.

brundle 14:49 18 Oct 08
  ACOLYTE 14:51 18 Oct 08

Have you tried running the game in compatibility mode for XP,right click the short cut and select compatibility then select run this program in compatibility mode for: and in the drop down box select XP,it may work it may not but it worth a try.

Fingees 14:51 18 Oct 08

You should be able to run in capability mode.

when loaded, right click on icon.
select properties.
select compatability.
select the XP version you want to run it in.

ArcAngel67 14:55 18 Oct 08

Hi, I have done all that.

The screens keep jumping around as it loads and the game starts but it is about quarter of the screen instead of whole screen.

Any advice?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…