Playing .swf files in windows media player.

Mr A! 11:44 08 Nov 05

I have just obtained quite a lot of movie files in *.swf format. Is there a way I can play these in Windows Media Player 9 Series and how?

Thanks,
Aden

ACOLYTE 11:45 08 Nov 05

It you have shockwave player installed just clicking the file should open it.

PaulB2005 11:47 08 Nov 05

Install Shockwave

click here

Mr A! 11:51 08 Nov 05

I have quite a lot of music (legally downloaded from my isp's music service) and some cartoons which i've made a college. I would like to include these .swf files in media player so i can keep them all together and easy to access to.

GroupFC 12:04 08 Nov 05

I might be wrong but I don't think you can as .swf is not a supported file type in WMP!

PaulB2005 12:04 08 Nov 05

I don't think it is either. Hence you need the Shockwave player at the link i gave and ACOLYTE mentioned...

Mr A! 12:07 08 Nov 05

Take a look here: click here

It says you can play the SWF file in WMP if you install Macromedia Flash Player.

I have installed it for Internet Explorer, is it the same thing?

ACOLYTE 12:11 08 Nov 05

I dont think they open in WMP though i think they open seperatly in shockwave player.

Mr A! 12:12 08 Nov 05

OK, thanks anyway.

If anyone finds out a way, please post it here.

GroupFC 12:16 08 Nov 05

Hmmm - interesting! I don't have Macromedia Flash Player installed here at work (or any .swf files for that matter not that they would work!), so I'll have to have a look at this when I get home tonight!

Mr A! 12:19 08 Nov 05

Thanks GroupFC. Let me know how you get on (By posting here or sending me an email via the yellow envelope).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac