Playing promo video on CD

Skeletor 14:16 23 Feb 03

My partner has just bought the new t.A.T.u CD. Which says on the case "Includes Video." But I just cant get it to play. I've tried both CD and DVD drives. I get as far as the transport buttons(play/stop/rewind etc) but no further. I Know this is probably a pretty basic query, but I'm new to the PC scene.
By the way I have Windows XP and Windows Media Player if thats of any help.
Many thanks

tenor 14:45 23 Feb 03

try downloading realplayer and see if it opens in that.

Skeletor 17:03 23 Feb 03

Sorry, Should have mentioned that I tried RealOne Player (I am assuming that RealPlayer and RealOne Player are the same thing) but
still no joy

siouxah1 19:26 23 Feb 03

Have you tried opening the file direct from your DVD player software? By passing the auto run.

Explore the disc and try to find a file in a folder that might be called MPEGAV. The file might be something like AVSEQ01 a dat file.

Is your DVD playing software capable of playing VCD?

Please ignore if already tried.

Regards Brian

Skeletor 21:22 23 Feb 03

Thanks Brian, You're a genius.....and I'm an idiot. I explored the CD as you you suggested and found something called Quick Time, I nstalled it, and, hey presto! I Said I was new to the PC scene. Thanks again, Steve

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…