Playing photo CDs on a DVD player

airbourne1 21:07 23 Jun 04

I have been using a digital camera for some time now and have been storing, editing, printing etc and all the other things that digital photography is so good at. A week ago we went on holiday with some friends and took loads of pics which I loaded onto the computer as usual. Rather than print them all out and give to our friends I thought aha!- they have a DVD player, why not make a CD and give to them so they can relax in front of the TV and view all my efforts. After several coasters and a lot of frustration I am about to give up! Where am I going wrong? I'm using XP and photoshop album. Have also tried nero with no success.

2neat 21:26 23 Jun 04

You need to make VCD if using normal cd's. Some DVD players dont play erm. I use easy cd 6, you can put fancy effects and movies from camera to disk. What version of nero have you been usin?

canard 21:30 23 Jun 04

Not all DVD players will play pics and those that do will only recognise JPGs. Irfanview will batch convert whatever format you use for your photos to JPG. Expect DVD players will become more versatile soon!

canard 21:31 23 Jun 04

CD is perfectly OK for the job.

maz2 21:33 23 Jun 04

I also had to put some pics on a disc recently and had no trouble using easy cd creator however I have now changed to Nero and that is a whole different ball game after 2 unsuccessful attempts using the VCD option, I went into Nero through the programme list and clicked on Nero burning Rom and then selected cd rom and unchecked multisession added the pics burned the disc and they played in the DVD ok this worked for me anyway so it's worth a try

airbourne1 21:57 23 Jun 04

Thanks 2neat,I did try making a VCD, like the slideshows it runs on computer but not on the 3 DVDs that I tried.I used nero 6.Thanks canard, perhaps trade descriptions should apply to "versatile" players. I will try maz2's solution shortly.

woodchip 22:04 23 Jun 04

If you had burned the DVD as a DVD Video it would play on all DVD's

pj123 22:11 23 Jun 04

I use HP Memories CD Creator which is a free download from the HP site. Unfortunately, I can't find it now but I still have the original download zip file on my computer. It is 36mb (so no chance of emailing it to you) if you would like a copy email me your address and I will post you a CD.

Eargasm 22:13 23 Jun 04

I use the hp memories disc creator from click here it enables you to put about 200 photo's on a cd rom played as a slideshow with music in the background,it's free and plays fine on my cheap pacific asda dvd player.

pj123 22:23 23 Jun 04

Eargasm, that's the one. Why couldn't I find it again? Still a lot of minutes to download on a dialup connection though. So if airbourne1 wants it the cheaper solution is my previous post.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…