Playing Ogg Vorbis streams

Rob Gibson 21 Jun 11

Hi,

Clicking the Ogg Vorbis streams on the Radio Paradise site (http://www.radioparadise.com/content.php?name=Listen) opens a download dialogue box but not my media player. All the other links open my player fine. My browser's settings look ok and are pointing to the system default player. I'm stuck.

Browser: Opera Media player: VLC OS: Vista

Help!

Rob.

Woolwell 21 Jun 11

It seems to be an Opera snag. I got the same problem as you with Opera but it works with Firefox.

octal 21 Jun 11

I have just tried it and it didn't work in Opera to start with, what I had to do was to go to Settings>Preferences and associate the OGG stream to open VLC, it works fine now.

Rob Gibson 21 Jun 11

Hi octal,

How did you do that exactly? I've pointed both audio/ogg and application/ogg at VLC but still get the download dialogue. Can't see a streaming MIME for ogg. Am I missing something?

Rob.

octal 21 Jun 11

Here is a screen shot of how mine is set up, it is the Linux version of Opera, but the setup should be the same.

octal 21 Jun 11

Just one thing, have you ticked the box to pass the web address directly to the application?

Woolwell 21 Jun 11

I finally got it working with Opera. You have to tick the box hide file types opened with Opera to find application/ogg. You can then click on edit and choose which program to open with by browsing and octal's point about ticking the box about the web address is important.

Rob Gibson 22 Jun 11

Thanks guys.

I now have it working.

One thing different with mine was that it didn't have the ogg extension in the file extension window, just ogx.

Again, thanks both.

Rob.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message