Playing mp3's via Windows Media Player 9

prima12 14:35 29 Mar 03

Before I upgraded to version 9, I found that if I wanted to list to a particular mp3 file, I would just click on either 'lo-fi' or 'hi-fi' and the track would play. When I do the same with V9 I now get this message : 'Windows Media Player cannot play this file. Connect to the Internet or insert the removable media on which the file is located, and then try to play the file again.'
I can however download it to my hard drive and then play it. It's a bit long winded when I find I don't like the track and then have to delete it.I'm sure it never did this with the previous version of WMP (7?). Is this a peculiarity with WMP9, or something I haven't got set up right?

muppetmark 14:51 29 Mar 03

Is your firewall blocking mediaplayer's access to the net? I have no problems using MP9 listening to mp3's online

prima12 15:42 29 Mar 03

It appears you may have right, I hadn't given authority for it to connect, I'll try again.P.

prima12 20:31 29 Mar 03

I have just uninstalled WMP 9 and everything seems to be back the way it was.P.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…