Playing of MP3 tracks

wobblymike 08:39 13 Jun 05

A PC related question.
I am heavily into producing MP3 tracks on my PC and then burning them to disc using Nero. My problem is my CD player which is a separate in my hi fi system won't play them. Can anyone suggest a hi fi separate CD player that will play MP3's?.

Magik ®© 08:44 13 Jun 05

no doubt you already know, but, CD rewritable's will not play, nor will disks that have not been finalised........

wobblymike 08:47 13 Jun 05

Magik

Thanks - I am aware of that - the problem is simply that my CD player won't play MP3's - the disc plays in my DVD player no problem - so I need a CD separate that can slot into my HI Fi that will play MP3's.
Rgds

Magik ®© 08:53 13 Jun 05

I have to ask the silly question, is it cos the cd player is knackered, or is it a technical problem? i make reams of cd's and they all play in the PC and the hi-fi, my player being a sony xp930.....

flimbo 09:01 13 Jun 05

Are you sure your cd player is designed to play mp3's? Most won't. Burn them to CD as wav files instead.
Regards.

flimbo 09:03 13 Jun 05

Oops sorry - ignore my post above. Still waking up and didn't read it correctly. Sorry.
Pass the coffee...

Al94 09:28 13 Jun 05

Wobblymike - it seems all CD players with MP3 capability are of the portable variety, you could hook one of these up to your Hi Fi or connect a DVD/mp3 player to your system. Seems the only solution.

wobblymike 09:53 13 Jun 05

Guys

Thanks for your help, Al94, I had formed the same view as yourself but couldn't believe that there was no capability to play MP3's in a separate CD Player - I will go with yoyr suggestion - thanks

wobblymike 09:53 13 Jun 05

Guys

Thanks for your help, Al94, I had formed the same view as yourself but couldn't believe that there was no capability to play MP3's in a separate CD Player - I will go with yoyr suggestion - thanks

Al94 10:48 13 Jun 05

I assume the reason for this is that there is probably no real market for a CD Separate with MP3 capability as most Hi Fi "buffs" will decry MP3 etc as inferior to pure CD quality. They are probably right therefore the feauture appears where portability is the key concern

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…