playing mp3 files

jonnyg111 12 Nov 08

When I first set up my site, I made available on it some home-produced mp3 files. In the old days, I could just left-click to play, right-click to save. Now (after a computer revamp) I can still right-click to save but when I left-click, nothing happens. If I try on another computer, I don't have this problem. What should I do - how do I return to the left-click-to-play settings?

Jonny

Kemistri 12 Nov 08

That's user specific, so I wouldn't worry about it. File handlers are set in the options of whatever browser you and your site's visitors happen to use and each visitor will have his own preferred approach to each file type.

jonnyg111 12 Nov 08

Thanks, Kemistri. I won't worry in general, but as a matter of interest, how would I adjust my own settings to give left-click-equals-play?

Jonny

Kemistri 12 Nov 08

That would depend on your choice of browser. The help files will tell you.

jonnyg111 13 Nov 08

I'll give it a go. Thanks Kemistri,

Jonny

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Wacom Cintiq 27QHD review

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message