//some 3rd party need geo

playing DVD's on my PC

Alwood 13:52 10 Sep 04

Hi to you all.
My DVD ROM has STOPPED playing DVD's video,the sound is OK.
I can play VCD's OK.
I use XP home and have installed new Nvidia drivers and MS direct X to see if this results in overcoming the problem, but has no effect.
I use Power DVD and the erroe message is F6F00018. Carried out their site instructions for this error message, but still no joy.

Diodorus Siculus 08:34 13 Sep 04

Have you tried a system restore?

Smegs 09:24 13 Sep 04

Error Code: "F6F00018" - This problem is caused because your VGA card can not enable the overlay function. We suggest that you do the following:
(a) Close all other applications that would use overlay (Like Windows MediaPlayer, Netmeeting, or other DVD players). Since Most display cards support only one overlay, If it is used by other applications, PowerDVD will not be able to access it.
(b) Install the latest DirectX. If you did not know where to download DirectX, then you can visit the Microsoft Web site to download. Some display drivers require the latest DirectX to work.
(c) Please ensure you have the latest drivers installed for your video adapter.
(d) Please lower your screen resolution, color depth, and refresh rate. If this still does not work, we suggest that you try to upgrade your VGA card.

This is copied from here. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…