Playing DVD's in Media player

Rhuddlan 11:22 30 Apr 03

I haven't tried this yet, but do I need some kind of special software to play DVD's in media player, or can I just insert the DVD into the computer and click on now playing in media player, or is it not as simple as that, thanks for the help. At the moment I play DVD's through power DVD which is very good, but just faniced a change.

Lú-tzé 11:41 30 Apr 03

I think it can be done if you have winXP and MP9; otherwise not possible - at least, with Win2k and MP 9 I cannot find a way to play DVDs.

I use PowerDVD XP which has support for 5.1 sound and is pretty good. I tried to use MP9 but was unable.

Rhuddlan 11:49 30 Apr 03

I have got Win XP and Win MP9, so if I put a DVD in the copmputer, will it play if I go to now playing in media player and how do I know if my sound is 5.1, thanks for the help.

Totally-braindead 12:11 30 Apr 03

In order for this to work you need a DVD decoder installed, if you don't have one it won't work

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…