//some 3rd party need geo

Playing with a different o/s

misters 14:30 22 Mar 03

Hi
I currently created a small card game using VB6,the e mailed it to a friend. The problem is my friend cant seem to download the game even though i sent it as an exe file.
So i was just wondering because i saved it on my win/98 machine, would they have problems because they run win/2000 if so is there a way round this?
thanx in advance

powerless 14:35 22 Mar 03

If you have sent it simply as .exe then it will not be allowed to be sent. This is for security, virus's etc...

You will have to pop the file into a winzip file this will allow the file to be sent.

click here

Taran 14:43 22 Mar 03

A compiled EXE in an EXE and is recognisable by all versions of Windows, although certain programs require a little tweaking for different versions of Windows. Without knowing the full extent of what you have coded it's impossible to say whether it will run on all Windows platforms, but I doubt that this is causing the error in this case.

The likely explanation is that either your friends email software, their antivirus software, their firewall or perhaps the network security (if it is a networked computer) is preventing download.

Alternatives could be that the file is too big for your friends account to handle, or it became damaged during your sending of the email to begin with.

Try sending it again, and if your friend has the latest Service Pack for Windows 2000 installed and is running Outlook Express as their email program, tell them to take the following steps before trying to download their emails;

Open up Outlook Express

Click on Tools, then click on Options then click on the Security tab.

Remove the tick from the option near the top that says "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus"

Click Apply then OK.

This stops Outlook Express from disallowing what it believes may be harmful email attachments.

Good luck

Taran

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…