playing CDrs on dvd players

wesparmalee 13:03 15 Sep 03

I've been told that it is possible to make a video cd using a basic cd rewriter drive which can then be played back on a dvd machine.How is this done,and do you need special software to make this possible.Any info most welome.Thanks.

pinka 13:07 15 Sep 03

nero is a must , what is your source for the video . do you want to encode from dvd or avi ?

wesparmalee 13:30 15 Sep 03

I do have a demo verson of Nero version 6 installed,but everytime i try to burn a vcd,it tells me that the file is an invalid type.As far as i know the files i'm trying to burn are normal mpeg files.When i go to try and play back the finished disc,no images are present,but there is other information on the disc suc as a wordpad document and about 5 others, but no actual footage.I know i must be doing something wrong,but what.Maybe these files have to be converted before burning?Any ideas?

stlucia 13:56 15 Sep 03

I use Roxio Platignum 5 to do the burning -- just select "Create a video CD" and it takes you step by step through the task and automatically adds the extra folders and files which are needed to allow a domestic DVD player to read the VCD. Sounds just like your Neor. But you do have to have your MPEG files in the correct format before you drag and drop them into Roxio.

My MPEG files are created by my video editing software, Pinnacle. I seem to remember that I can select several types of MPEG file when I'm creating them, of which "MPEG (VCD standard)" is but one of them. Since you've already got some kind of MPEG file, I would suggest that you try converting it to VCD standard using a free utility like TPMGEnc click here

Jester2K II 13:59 15 Sep 03

Playback is also dependant on your DVD player supporting VCD (Video CDs)

choffe 16:18 15 Sep 03

i seconed pinka, nero is so simple drag drop record, that simple, no moving from program to program, just remember to leave the system well alone whilst it encodes or you will end up with buffer underrun and waste a disk..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…