playing cd

2020 19:19 14 Mar 04

when i play an audio cd the sound is very distorted, it plays but not so i can listen to it, any suggests to remedy.
with thanks

Diodorus Siculus 19:29 14 Mar 04

What about other system sounds? Do they play ok or how do they sound?

You may need to reinstall your audio software.

Give more details of your system and someone may have an answer.

2020 19:52 14 Mar 04

the tracks on my hard drive play fine. cdroms read ok its just the audio ones, very crackly and distorted sound. i'm running on a compaq deskpro win xp. not sure what you mean about the auido software..how would i know it and reinstall. i haven't loaded any meself
thanks

Diodorus Siculus 19:57 14 Mar 04

What sound card do you have? If you know it, get the latest drivers from the manufacturer. If you don't know, then get Aida32 to id the sound card for you. click here#
Aida32

gudgulf 19:58 14 Mar 04

click here;en-us;260229

gudgulf 20:02 14 Mar 04

click here

Dont know why but some links to the microsoft knowledge base just wont work on this site!!

the article you need is number 260229

2020 20:51 14 Mar 04

well the audio is ES1869 plug+play audiodrive. i went to update driver from ESS site, they advise it is via winxp, found driver but was advised that the current one suitable. no improvment dispite trawling thru the troubleshoot guide. i will plough thur the microsoft site now so thanks for the help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…