Playing Blue Ray discs

Ferrari-Fan 21:48 01 Jun 09

I have recently purchased a new Acer Aspire 6530G laptop which plays Blue Ray discs. The laptop plays the discs ok when viewing on the monitor, but when connecting to my Sony 40" LCD tv via an HDMI cable it won't play.

When attempting to play on the tv, I get the following message displayed: 'Incompatible graphics driver. Please make sure your graphics driver meets minimum criteria.'

Normal use of the tv as a large pc monitor connected in this way is ok.

The laptop has an 512MB ATI Radeon HD3650 video card, and I have installed the latest driver update.

The software being used to play the disc is the Acer Arcade Deluxe which was pre installed.

Can anyone please tell me where the problem lies, and also would I be better using a different media player package and at what price?

MAT ALAN 21:55 01 Jun 09

You cannot use the Arcade Deluxe program while in duel screen mode. you need to turn off the computer screen.

Ferrari-Fan 22:03 01 Jun 09

Thanx Mat.

ermmm how do I turn off the laptop monitor?

MAT ALAN 22:08 01 Jun 09

Go into device manager. click the plus next to monitors. Right click the laptop monitor then click properties. Where its says device usage. click the drop down menu and choose do not use this device (disable}.then click OK. Then check the external monitor and make sure that is on use this device {Enable). then click OK. Exit out and reboot.

Ferrari-Fan 22:32 01 Jun 09

Wow....seems a long way round when just popping on a film.

Is all this necessary if other media player packages were used, or do they handle things differently?

MAT ALAN 23:13 01 Jun 09

there is probably a hotkey combination, acer support may help with that...

MAT ALAN 23:16 01 Jun 09

FN + F6 try this...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…