PLAYING BACK MUSIC TRACKS FROM HD?

SANAP 23:44 16 Jun 05

I have a selection of songs on my D: drive and I usually used Musicmatch to play them back but PC crashed before xmas and I had saved a lot of files to d: including the musicmatch exe as I bought the pro version, however I now find that when I play back songs using either, WM, Musicmatch or winamp they all sound like singing in bathroom and vocals are non existent. I can play back cds ok and I sent a song to friend and that plays ok. I have downloaded WINAMP again, gone back to ver 7 of musicmatch etc etc all to no avail. What did I do wrong when I re-installed win98se? I am sure it was ok until a about a month ago!!

help please

sanap

De Marcus 23:49 16 Jun 05

make sure your souncard is configured properly, mine has a few different settings one of which sounds exactly as you describe

woodchip 23:58 16 Jun 05

You may have your sound card set to one of the effects. Like bathroom or cave etc

SANAP 00:17 17 Jun 05

thanks both but it plays cd's ok??? I will have a look at soundcard,

sanap

SANAP 09:38 21 Jun 05

just to say I am sorted and .... it was the lead at the rear from soundcard to sub woofer, it was slightly loose, once I pushed it back in whoosh everything was back to normal. The only drawback was that I wasted a lot of time!!!!

sanap

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…