Playing Audio CDs

It's Me 14:29 13 Mar 05

This is going to be such a simple question, that most will wonder why I am asking.

For the first time ever, I want to play an Audio CD on my PC. (XP&SP2). I thought that I would just put the CD in and it would play !! OH No that is too easy. I am faced with a choice of playing it using RealOne Player or Windows Media Player. Not wanting to drop myself into something that I will wish I hadn't, it seems sensible to ask first. I tried the RealOne Player option, but when it started talking about installing I got scared. Is one better than the other, or is one or both deadly to install or what?

As I say, a seemingly quaint question, but it perhaps shows how green some of us are in dealing with various parts of this vast PC subject.

stalion 14:35 13 Mar 05

you should have windows media player already installed so if you do not want to install any other program choose it to play your cd's
Regards

GANDALF <|:-)> 14:38 13 Mar 05

Play on either it makes little difference. You can install and complete the sign up for Real Player, it is no big deal. Ryunning both together is not a problem and you can choose either to play music. If you want you can delete real player from add/remove progs, failing that just choose WMP.

G

byfordr 14:41 13 Mar 05

Realplayer can be a bit intrusive...

click here selection including winamp

For itunes (good if you have ipod, again tries to take over your pc)
click here

Personally I tend to use Media player

R

dogbreath1 15:15 13 Mar 05

Winamp works really well.

It's Me 15:22 13 Mar 05

Thank you all very much. Anxiety gone now!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…