player problem

bananaz 17:53 24 Feb 05

Hi all, ive just done a re-instal of XP & now everytime i try to use a player, such as windows media player, i get the message 'internal application error has occured'.
Infact all my players are failing.
This was happening before the re-installation, but decided it was time for a good clear out.
Another program that i like to use is Ulead Gif animator, which also will not run properly & tells me it has got to close. Which sounds to be also video related maybe.
I have ran my system mechanic program & anylised my hard drive & there seems to be an awful lot of grey area's (system files), which im sure are old files from previous re-installations, because i know that normally there is only 1 segment that is grey for the current system files.
Maybe this is the problem? or maybe a DLL problem?
how can i clear the old system files please?
I have a DELL dimension 4600i pc & am on XP home.
Thankyou very much in advance for your help.

howard60 19:48 24 Feb 05

try the Dell site for known problems with sp2

bananaz 14:38 25 Feb 05

Yup had a look on the site, but still cant find an answer. Any other ideas?

Yoda Knight 14:55 25 Feb 05

choose to format the partition during the install of xp

bananaz 20:38 25 Feb 05

ok ive now removed XP Sp2 & all is working fine.
Yup i did indeed format the hard drive before i re-installed XP, as i always have done, & find it strange that the old system files are there this time.
Thanks for all your help ppl.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…