play station 2

darrelljb 08:52 14 Apr 03

i would like to know if you can connect a playstation 2 to my computer and watch dvds and connect to the internet so i can play games etc as some movie dvds say that you need an internet connection so you can acces the extras as i do not have a dvd drive.i am running xp with a 1500mhz puter

Stalker 09:15 14 Apr 03

At the moment i believe it cant be done, but sony are due to release the equipment to connect it to the internet not sure if you will be able to share the DVD drive tho.

Might be cheaper just to fit a DVD drive to your current system.

darrelljb 11:13 14 Apr 03

i will kept this open for a little while to see if i get any more knowledge thanks alot for your help stalker.

snoresloudly 11:18 14 Apr 03

don,t know if it can be done, but be aware that the dvd player on the play staion 2 has a awful habit of ruining dvd disc's. This is happening to such an extent that 2 of my localvideo hire shops and the local block busters are all refusing to rent out dvds if they are going to be played on the ps2. As stalker says cheaper/better to fit a dvd drive into the pc (about £45)

darrelljb 11:51 14 Apr 03

thanks alot guys i will save up for a dvd drive

Mastermind 12:34 14 Apr 03

How on earth can a PS2 ruin a DVD.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…