Play my music from PC hard drive to my stereo

Marky_Bhoy 22:57 22 Dec 03

I have a lot of my cds saved onto my hard drive. I copied them with windows media play in WMA format (58 k/bits per second VBR).

I saved them to the default folder 'My Music'(I have XP pro). When I view that folder there is an option 'play all'.

This would be great if I could play them all through my stereo.

I hope this is a simple procedure.

Doe anyone know how to do this?

P.S. At the moment all I want to know is how do do this with wires. In future I will consider how to link up my main stereo in the living room.

keenan 00:13 23 Dec 03

If your sound card has a pre-amp output,
and assuming your stereo has an 'aux' phono input you can use a phono lead to connect them.
Check on your sound card specs.

If you have on-board sound and only have a direct output from your PC to speakers then I know (in the case of car audio) theres a convertor available, that converts 'speaker wiring' to 'pre-amp' input, which would then connect to your stereo as above.

Your 'local' car audio or local 'maplins'click here would be able to advise in more detail.

kspatto 00:33 23 Dec 03

PC Advisor probably wont like me for saying but there is a feature in computer active the (latest issue) that mentions how to play your MP3s on your stereo
Keenans advice does cover it though-- the line out is normally green on newer computers

hugh-265156 01:27 23 Dec 03

3mm jack plug to 2x phono rca lead is what you need. 4.99 from click here

as above you will need either onboard sound or soundcard 3mm jack output on your computer and an aux/cd or spare input on your hi-fi

hugh-265156 01:29 23 Dec 03

also sometimes refered to as "minidisc lead"

Marky_Bhoy 23:59 23 Dec 03

thanks all.

I went to Maplin today and bought the cable that goes from my head phones socket to the back of my stereo.

I then pressed the AUX button and it worked!

It's great, now I can play all my music from my PC/laptop througth my stereo without having to change the cd every few minutes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…