to play with

mr gee 21:51 05 Jan 03
  mr gee 21:51 05 Jan 03

I have just been given a computer case with psu motherboard 128ram and a processor nothing else I thought i would have a play and see if i could get it going or at least have a go at re-building it--prob. is --when i switch on the monitor screen just stays black on picture on bios --no nothing and computer powers up ok but i cant see to do owt
Any one any ideas --or is it completly duff?

Taran 21:58 05 Jan 03

What have you got you monitor attached to ?

You didn't list a graphics card in amongst your new box of goodies...

:o)

mr gee 22:00 05 Jan 03

sorry ---yes there is also a graphics card that the

Djohn 22:02 05 Jan 03

What happened to mr gee ?? :o)

trekkieΩ 22:02 05 Jan 03

Harddrive?

../

mr gee 22:04 05 Jan 03

oh heck just writing and my darling grandaughter pressed return so yes the monitor is attched to a graphics card

mr gee 22:05 05 Jan 03

no --no hard drive there is nowt else but the stuff i have mentioned

Pauper 22:13 05 Jan 03

If there is no hard-drive, then there is nowhere for the programs to be stored - most importantly the operating system, so other than what you have seen (which comes from the bios on the motherboard), exactly what else where you expecting? You will need to install a hard-drive and then load an operating system on to it to start with followed by all the other system drivers etc that you need.

woodchip 22:13 05 Jan 03

You do not need hard drive for it to fire up to cmos it may be CPU or memory prob, It could be something simple like power plug on motherboard check all cables or replace with known good to try it

Pauper 22:14 05 Jan 03

'exactly what else where you expecting?' Apologies if that sounded condescending - that wasn't the intention.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…