Planing to upgrade

ethriuz69 07:25 AM 09 Nov 12

hi guys, i just planing to upgrade my grapics card to NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 and ram to 8gb. do you think it will be compatible? im not good in Pc's so give me an advice thanks :) this is my currently specs.

Motherboard MODEL ASUS M4A88T-M LE Processor AMD Phenom(tm) II x4 B55 3.3GHz Ram 4gb NVIDIA Geforce GT 440 hard drive 465gb

ethriuz69 07:28 AM 09 Nov 12

hi guys, i just planing to upgrade my grapics card to NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 and ill add another 4gb Ram. do you think it will be compatible? im not good in Pc's so give me an advice thanks :) this is my currently specs.

Motherboard MODEL ASUS M4A88T-M LE Processor AMD Phenom(tm) II x4 B55 3.3GHz Ram 4gb NVIDIA Geforce GT 440 hard drive 465gb

Nontek 09:00 AM 09 Nov 12

If Win7, RAM upgrade is OK, make sure you get correct type for your PC. If XP, will only accept up to 4Gb RAM.

Graphics card update - unless you are actually having graphics problems, I would strongly advise you to give this a miss.

ethriuz69 10:13 AM 09 Nov 12

yeah, my OS is W7 ultimate, and my Ram is DDR3 Kingston, my grapics card havent any problem, i just wanted to upgrade it, so i can play the game i wanted.. but your not sure if its not compatible?

Nontek 10:24 AM 09 Nov 12

Most people who have attempted to update nVidia graphics usually have a lot of bother afterwards.

For RAM go to Crucial

Run their Test and you can be sure to get the correct type for your PC - prices are very reasonable too.

Chronos the 2nd 10:41 AM 09 Nov 12

Upgrading a graphics card is very simple and as you are already using a Nvidia GPU it is easier still as you will not have to be concerned about drivers. But I would make sure that your drivers are up to date by going HERE and using option 2.

As for RAM you do not say whether your Windows 7 Ultimate is 32 or 64 bit. If it is only 32 bit then there is little point in increasing your RAM to 8GB. By the way you only have 2 RAM slots so rather than add RAM you will need to buy 2 new modules (2 x 4GB) but only if you have Windows 7 64bit.

Motherboard.

rickf 19:03 PM 09 Nov 12

Should be no problem just amke sure you have the right slots on your m/b for the new card

Nontek 19:30 PM 09 Nov 12

nVidia upgrade .... my apologies, I was assuming just a Software update - a new graphics PCI card should be easy enough.

frybluff 22:14 PM 09 Nov 12

If this is being used for any sort of gaming, I would be tempted to think of a general upgrade, to really increase performance, along these lines. part list

Benchmarks for GPUs

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

OS X Yosemite vs Windows 10: The Mac and PC operating systems go head to head UPDATED